Deep Tissue Massage Treatments
The main benefit of a deep tissue massage is its ability to relieve pain, stiffness and soreness.
Clients are pleasantly surprised at its effectiveness in dealing with pain or depending on the case feel no pain.
What can a Deep Tissue Massage do for you?
During a deep tissue massage you can expect to:
- Feel the release of tension and pain from tight muscles.
- Experience joint movements with increased mobility.
- Feel heat with increased blood flow which increases circulation and healing.
- Feel tendons and ligaments tight and a little stingy as they are released.
After a deep tissue massage you can expect to:
- Feel pain relief or absolutely no pain.
- Have significantly better joint movement.
- Experience muscles that were tight and ropey freed up.
- Get out of bed without being stiff and sore.
- Be able to turn your head when reversing the car.
- Feel a lengthening in tendons and ligaments which frees up the joints.
A list of some of the problems that will benefit from deep tissue massage:
- Back pain, including low back pain
- Trapped nerve
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Soft Tissue Damage
- Frozen shoulder
- Sports injuries
- Muscle spasm
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Old Injuries
- Whiplash Injury
- Computer stress / neck & shoulder
- Foot problems e.g. flat feet, sprained ankles
- Some types of arthritis
Deep Tissue Back Massage (60 min) Releases Pain and Tension - €70.00
This treatment is designed to assess and treat restrictions in the neck, upper, middle and lower back. Deep friction, skilled hand movements, and stretching techniques are used to target knots and tension in tired aching muscles. Ideal treatment for low back injuries, trapped nerves, and muscle spasm.
Neck & Shoulder Massage (60 min) Releases Tight Shoulder Pain - €70.00
Deep Tissue and stretching techniques release taut muscle fibres that cause pain, referred pain, and restriction of movement in neck, shoulder and arms. Ideal treatment for neck injury, e.g. whiplash, frozen shoulder, postural problems, workplace injuries, joint pains and strains and occupational overuse.
Repetitive Strain Massage (30 min) Soothes Tight and Tired Muscles - €45.00
Specially designed neuro-muscular massage techniques relieve repetitive strain injuries especially in the arm and shoulder areas. Ideal treatment for golfers and sport enthusiasts.
Sciatic Massage (60 min) Soothes Tight and Tired Muscles - €70.00
Specific massage strokes are used to release tension in particular muscle groups and trigger points that cause pain around the sciatic nerve and referred pain down the leg leaving you feeling pain free.
Runners Massage (30 min) Clears Lactic Acid - €45.00
This deep tissue leg and foot massage uses specific sports massage strokes to prevent repetitive strain injuries, to clear lactic acid and reduce muscle soreness.
The question most people ask is:
“How many treatments will I need?”
This will depend on the problem and the length of time the person has had it. In most cases 3 – 6 treatments is sufficient.
Some clients need ongoing treatment e.g. a client who sits at a computer all day may need a monthly top-up treatment.
The other question people ask is:
“What is the cause of the pain?”
The answer to this question is complex and can be any of the above conditions. Overuse, repetitive strain, poor posture, old injuries, present injuries, pinched nerves and lack of exercise are some causes.
The other cause of pain is where toxins and acidic wastes build up within the muscle tissues and irritate the nerves causing pain.